5 Reasons to Waterproof the Basement
Waterproofing the basement is a task that you must complete as quickly as possible if it is not already completed. The benefits of pa basement waterproofing are enormous, and the consequences of not waterproofing are even more considerable. Why is basement waterproofing so important? Take a look at five important reasons to waterproof the basement today.
1. Mold, mildew, and other harmful bacteria thrive in moist, wet environments. The basement happens to be one of the areas in the home where it is prone to grow. Mold and mildew causes unsightly appearances in the home, but also causes upper respiratory issues, particularly for children and the elderly.
2. If you’re selling your home in the near future, waterproofing will create more interest and bring in more money for the property. In fact, many buyers will not consider a home that hasn’t been waterproofed.
3. Want more space? Do not build another room onto the home, enduring the expense and headache of such a project when there is a lot of available space in the basement ready to use. Turn the basement into the room of your choice, whether it is a man cave or space for the in-laws.
4. Waterproofing the basement saves a considerable amount of money over time. Who doesn’t want to keep more of their hard-earned money in the bank where it belongs? Not only do you get more space to use in the home and reduce risks of mold and other bacteria growth, you also endure fewer problems elsewhere in the home and conserve more energy. It is certainly a winning situation for every homeowner.
5. Finally, the peace of mind that you enjoy when the basement has been waterproofed is second to none. You have assurance in your investment and the home that you love when it is waterproofed.